Councillor vacancy26th of October, 2022
PREESALL TOWN COUNCIL
Interested in Becoming a Town Councillor?
The council currently has one vacancy.
Councillors contribute to the work of the Council by:
- having a say about the things they care about
- putting forward ideas for better services
- responding to the needs and views of their constituents
- seeking the best outcomes for local issues
- getting involved in decision making by voting on matters considered by the Council
The Council meets on the second Monday evening of the month (excluding August) with meetings lasting around three hours.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, why not contact the Clerk or talk to one of the other councillors. Their contact details can be obtained from the Clerk or via the Town Council’s website www.preesalltowncouncil.org
If you would like to apply for the vacancy please send a short letter of application to the clerk, outlining why you want to become a councillor and what you would bring to the Council.
Any person can be elected as a councillor if they are:
1. a British national, Commonwealth citizen or a European national on the day they are nominated and
2. 18 years of age or over and
3 a) on the day they are nominated and thereafter they continue to be a local government elector for the area of the authority or
3 b) has during the whole of the twelve months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in that area or
3 c) their principal or only place of work during that twelve months has been in that area or 3 d) during the whole of those twelve months has resided in that area or
3 e) in the case of a member of a parish, town or community council has during the whole of those twelve months resided either in the parish or community or within three miles of it or
3 f) has not been disqualified.