LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
(SHARD LANE, GREEN MEADOW LANE, BROADPOOL LANE AND CARR LANE,
HAMBLETON & CARR LANE AND CARR END LANE, STALMINE WITH STAYNALL,
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF THROUGH TRAFFIC) ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Lancashire County Council intends to make an Order
under Section 14(1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, the effect
of which will be to temporarily prohibit traffic on the roads set out in this notice.
1. No person shall cause any motor vehicle to proceed over that length of SHARD LANE,
GREEN MEADOW LANE, BROADPOOL LANE AND CARR LANE, HAMBLETON &
CARR LANE AND CARR END LANE, STALMINE WITH STAYNALL from the junction
with Bull Park Lane to the junction with Smithy Lane.
2. The prohibition will be operative daily from 0800 hours on Monday 7th January 2019
until 1700 hours on Tuesday 15th January 2019 or until completion of the works within
3. An alternative route for vehicular traffic (except HGVs) affected by the closure is via:-
Phase 1: Shard Lane via Bull Park Lane - Grange Lane - Marsh Lane
Phase 2: Green Meadow Lane & Broadpool Lane via Marsh Lane - Church Lane,
Gants Lane and Sower Carr Lane.
Phase 3: Carr Lane via Sower Carr Lane - Clay Gap Lane - Back Lane - Union
Lane - Lancaster Road - Head Dyke Lane - Burned House Lane - Hall Gate Lane
Phase 4: Carr Ned Lane via Smithy Lane - Stricklands Road.
4. An alternative route for HGVs affected by the closure is via:-
Shard Lane - Shard Road - Mains Lane - Garstang New Road - Garstang Road -
Blackpool Road - Garstang Road - Tarnacre lane - The Avenue - Garstang Bypass
Road - Cockerham Road - Park Lane - Garstang Road - Main Street - Marsh Lane
- Lancaster Road - Head Dyke Lane - Burned House Lane - Hallgate Lane -
Stricklands Lane and vice versa.
The temporary prohibition is necessary to allow surface dressing patching works to be
Authority given for this Order to be made:
Network Regulation Manager
Lancashire Highway Services
0300 123 6701